Statement Of Faith
This is the doctrinal statement of the Highland Park Baptist Church and Tennesse Temple Schools under the leadership of Dr. Lee Roberson in the 1970s. It is what I (Rusty Chatfield) still believe.
1. We believe in the verbal inspiration and authority of the Scriptures. We believe that the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God’s plan and purpose in the ages.
2. We believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity, virgin birth and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
4. We believe that salvation is “by grace” plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions to salvation are repentance and faith.
5. We believe that men are justified by faith alone and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of out Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
6. We believe in the visible, personal, and premillennial return of Jesus Christ.
7. We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.